Saturday, November 30, 2013

Blue Friday

I spent Black Friday with two of my favorite people in an amazing place. The drive there and back took me through a chunk of mountains and during those 3 hours I had some time to think. Think about that existential bummer. I was surrounded by images like this...


Breathtaking is a perfect description because as you pass through the bulging landscape you forget to breathe. This time I was conscience of my thoughts and tried not to think about dying or this being gone, or pollution or trash, or how wasteful the holidays really are, and instead I tried to just take in the snowcapped, tree dotted lumps backdropped against the bluest, clearest, most pristine sky you've ever seen. Gorgeous, true beauty, amazing, stunning, I actually felt content, happy, satisfied. 

After a few cloudy days the Colorado blue skies returned, and the contrasts of colors blinded me into peace. 

In Salida we decided to take the pups for a few adventures. Walking down an old railroad path I was stopped in my tracks by this image...


and then this....

Friends, pups, peace, I'm pretty sure that is exactly how Black Friday is supposed to be spent.

No comments: