Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Hmmm, what to do on a free day

After sleeping in past 6:15, we headed out to see a couple of museums and a bit of the culture here. 



Houses have small garden terraces with the most amazing views. There are only 2 main roads in the entire country and of course they traverse down narrow valleys. There are a couple of ski resorts here so the towns do resemble ski towns. 

One of the attractions for Barcelona people to come to Andorra is that it's only a 3 hour drive and the shopping is tax free. After lunch the group thought it would be cool to do some shopping in the main city of Andorra la vella, and well, I hate shopping. Instead I decided to seek out a tattoo shop. Of course the official language here is Catalan, but most people also know Spanish, so I used my broken, 1st grade Spanish to work out an Andorran tattoo. You know that I get tattoos in the countries that have significance to me, either living or traveling, and here the mountains are it, but what else? After doing some reflection on our work here and thinking of the biology and wildlife, I chose to signify this trip with the Andorran official animal - the chamois. For those gringos out there, a chamois is a type of mountain goat. 


No comments: