Sunday, August 25, 2013

Can I spit this out?

I am not sure I am ready to start chewing this enormous bite I just took.

For the first time in months I don't feel like I'm about to fall asleep standing up. The problem? I'm wondering how I got here, here in Denver, here teaching at an inner city school with 33 kids in a class, here at a school that disrespects time, here working way more hours than I wanted to, than I planned, what happened?

I spent 2 hours going through my rosters trying to organize seating assignments and wondering how in the hell I'm ever going to pronounce some names. Seriously parents DON'T do that to your kids. People love when their name is used and you've created a situation where people will do everything in their power to avoid saying your kid's name. I would type a few, but I'm just a hair more sensitive than that.

What else did this lazy, no good teacher do today? Well, I lesson planned for the week. During my day from 7:30 to 4 I have a 40 minute lunch break and 60 minutes to grade/plan/do the one million things on my list. I know, I know, us teachers are slackers that only work 10 months a year, did you hear that? Ten. Didn't it used to be 9? How many months are left?


This is perfect for two reasons, one, I'm actually in over my head and two I have the most ridiculous, unwarranted fear of sharks. 

No comments: