Monday, July 29, 2013

The door is ajar

I feel like I have some unfinished business in Ecuador and Colombia. This may sound irrational to you, but I spent a lot of time in both those countries and for some reason talked myself out of getting a tattoo while I was there, and now, of course, I regret it.

I've been thinking about my next tattoo adventure and I am toying with the idea of traveling around to different states and getting a tattoo. This idea, however, doesn't take away from the fact that I spent 8 weeks in Ecuador on my first real solo trip and I didn't mark that with a tattoo. So, now, I want to return, and I have an adventure partner that can go with me, so really nothing is stopping me. The next question is what design to I get? Something to commemorate the 4 weeks in Quito, the week on the organic farm, or the 3 weeks in the Galapagos. Or, do I decide on something new? Something to symbolize this new trip? See what my brain thinks about...

I also have some unfinished business with my friend, more with myself, actually. There is something I need to prove to myself and I need to return to do it.

No comments: