Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Not all who wander are lost, or are they?

When the going gets tough, I start planning trips...

The morning I was leaving from the DR, the wheel of my carry-on suitcase broke into pieces. Now it was the suitcase I bought from a street vendor in Bolivia for $20, so I feel like I've gotten all the use that the Chinese people that constructed it intended. I ended up ripping the bottom of the suitcase as I dragged it through the airports and finally to NC. The cheap construction made it useless to try and fix so I've been in the market for another carry-on.

For the past few weeks here at Camp I have been pretty content, so I wasn't thinking about travel, but in the past few days, with the horrendous death of our cat to my upcoming road trip, I've been a little stressed. That stress equated trip planning. I'm already thinking of December and next summer. I found a little money that I didn't know I had (in a "retirement" account from the DR) so I'm thinking that can be my next trip fund...

I went into a super cheap store today and thankfully China is still making suitcases. I'm now ready. Now to decide on where to go...


No comments: