Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pre-trip preparation


Somehow I've ended up with 4 duffle bags. Each bag has a story, but I'll spare you the details... It seems like I never have a duffel when I need one, so I have to purchase a new one. I should be good for a while. I have way more winter clothes than I thought, so I'll be able to semi-survive my first winter in a long time.



I bought a cargo box for the top of my car. It is bigger than I expected so I can cram a lot of stuff in there. I have it in the dining room so I can see what I can fit in there. Fresa has decided to make the blow up mattress (uninflated) her home while I mess around. 

The trip is all mapped out. All 1800 miles. My dad is coming with me, so we've split the drive up into 3 days. First stop... Paducah, Kentucky, yehaw. Since I'm a big girl I can afford an actual decent hotel room. It was kind of a pain to find a place that allows dogs, but we managed to get a hotel in Paducah and Salina, Kansas. 


I'll keep you posted...

No comments: