Monday, June 3, 2013

Part 8

Not only is a chapter in my life about to come to an end, but an entire Part as well. I actually broke down my life into chapters in the past. It was for a friend that I'd lost touch with and after years - like 15 - of not being in touch we reconnected and he wanted an "update" on what I'd been up to and when I sat down to think about it, what I discovered is that my life was a series of chapters divided by Parts, all with the theme of a different guy. There were the Geoff Years, the Tim Years and then the Dan Years. I was actually a bit sad at that realization and after the Summer of Lisa in 2007 vowed to "find myself". The beginning of the Lisa Years. Then I hid in Burma for a year. I've recently needed employment verification for my overseas jobs and upon realizing that I'll never get verification for Burma, those years in hiding have become somewhat lost years. Blurs. I spent that year numb. I couldn't even blog on this blog because blogger was blocked.

The next four years were more Lisa Years, tons of traveling, with lots of exploration chapters, and now as I head back to the States, I wonder what this next Part will be called. In each section are many chapters. Chapters of sadness, of happiness, of hope, of desperation.

Divide your life into parts. What would they be called. Is this because of reality or our memories, or both? Maybe it's what we wished we'd had, or what we wished we hadn't.

Part 1 - Innocence lost
Part 2 - The Victim
Part 3 - Self Destruction
Part 4 - The Geoff Years
Part 5 - The Tim Years
Part 6 - The Dan Years
Part 7 - The Lisa Years
Part 8 - 

No comments: