Thursday, January 10, 2013

Headed back

Back to life, back to reality - sing it.

There is always a weird lull on the last day of a trip. On one hand I can't contain my excitement for toast with peanut butter (I haven't seen a single jar of peanut butter in 17 days) and an actual functional shower, but on the other hand I know that it will only take a few weeks before the droll of routine sets in and I start planning the next adventure.

I've been having doubts about continuing to teach, y'all know that, so I'm a bit unsettled about the return to my job life which is my life life. At the end of a trip most people look forward to seeing their friends and family and I'm feeling strange this time around, that I'm returning to a temporary place, as if I haven't stopped traveling at all. My travel partner this time is super excited to see his people and I guess I'm a bit jealous that no one is waiting to see me. Pity party, I know. I'll get over it, don't worry.

I don't have the plug in thing to upload photos to my blog right now, but I assure you that within the next few days I'll get a post or two up. I pushed myself to some new limits this trip...

No comments: