Wednesday, May 21, 2014

This ain't no place for tact

My school district is full swing into this pay for performance thing. I had my final evaluation last week, which consisted of two peer observations, two administration observations and then I guess just rumors and gossip. We have rubric online that we have to fill out about ourselves and then the admin fills out their perspective and you meet and discuss. One of the categories is "professionalism", which includes things like working in teams, collaborating with other staff and families, extensions outside the classroom. I rated myself confidently and had evidence to back it up, and as the discussion came to team work, my admin pointed out that I wasn't very tactful. I know you are shocked, that you were thinking how amazingly tolerant and tactful I am, yes, it's true...
My response... what the hell, dude, tact? That is what you are worried about? We are in an emergency 911 situation here. Our school is more like a mental facility than a school. The clock is ticking and it's ticking fast, ain't nobody got time for tact. Now can we get on with this meeting.

No comments: