Thursday, March 20, 2014

Proudest fake mom ever

The highlight of my teaching career happened this past weekend while I watched one of my former students give a key note speech at the Global Issues Network Conference in the Dominican Republic. I think that she was asked as kind of a token appreciation since she was a great contributor to her high school, but when she stood up there and started speaking it became instantly clear that she not only deserved this moment, earned this moment, but she was owning the moment.

Tears ran down my face as I sat and watched her rock every person, young and old, in the gym. I felt like a true proud parent. 

Watch MJ as she inspires us all.


If you are feeling like you need more, you can watch MJ and I inspire kids to set themselves up for success...



No comments: