Sunday, February 9, 2014

Reflections on turning 42

I was craving a salad all day.

I bought myself a birthday beer and forgot to drink it.

I value my alone time.

As much as I want to return to international teaching, I love having a dog in my life.

I am feeling sentimental.

I identify with being a teacher.

I want to be outside as much as possible.

My family is awesome.

Societal pressures are hard to ignore.

I want more people to value nature more than football, shopping and material crap.

I want my students to overcome poverty, hold their head high, and march into their future.

I want to empower people to remove their roadblock...

Currently I am reading "The Blue Sweater" and this is my quote of the day:

"I only have one request.
I do not ask for money
Although I have need of it,
I do not ask for meat...
I have only one request,
All I ask is
That you remove
the roadblock
From my path."

- Okot P'Bitek

No comments: