Thursday, January 9, 2014

Looking


I feel like staying in the public school system is walking with the crowd in the wrong direction. I love teaching, well, by that I mean that I love the actual interaction with people about cool stuff. Unfortunately my job is a combination of the awesome teaching part and the hours and hours of meaningless paperwork. I'm pretty good at ignoring the stuff that is meaningless, but here in Denver our pay is based on all that crap, well at least part of our pay.

What about going back to school? Would I be the old lady sitting in the class. You know, that annoying old one that keeps answering all the questions? My masters in education kind of pigeon holes me into things that I don't necessarily want to do. How do I know what is out there? There are jobs that I don't even know exist, how do I get my hands on those?

How about working at a nature center? Yeah, the pay would be barely scraps, but I've lived on scraps before, in fact, even with the highest pay I've ever had in the States, I still feel like I'm living on scraps.

What I do know is that I'm happiest amongst the trees.


No comments: