Thursday, January 23, 2014

es posible

Quote from a student today:
"MISS if you teach us biology next year we can say penis and vagina for legit!"

I have a dilemma. I've applied for a teacher travel grant for this summer and I really want it, and for some reason I have a feeling that I will be accepted, but, the catch, I have to be a teacher in a public school to receive the grant, and I have to be that teacher for next year, because I'll implement my learning from this summer into my classroom. Problem, I have to tell my school by early March and the grant notifications don't come out until April. Yes, I could say I'm coming back and then if I don't get the grant change my mind, but I won't do that to my principal. I respect her too much to go back on my word.

I won't teach physics again. I'm sure I was on some sort of mind altering medication when I said yes to teaching physics. Ugh, who the hell wants to teach about momentum. But, there is a biology opening for next year, so I could actually loop with my kids and be their biology teacher.

Option.

No comments: