Sunday, January 5, 2014

Coal burning times

It's 10 degrees with a wind chill of -5, and if anyone mentions how much they like winter and snow I'm going to punch them in the face. This is miserable. Grey skies, light snow, yes that is beautiful - for about 10 minutes looking out the window and then the realization of - I have to do something - enters your head and now what. Luckily I can walk to the grocery store, even in this blistering cold, it's better than driving on the roads. Apparently the salt/chemical mixture doesn't work at these temperatures, no wonder they don't put anything down.

I think Fresa might understand that we can't go out an play. Yesterday I bundled her up, boots and all and after she pooped, she put on the brakes and wouldn't take another step, unless it was turning back towards the house.


I'm trying to coax her along, but no deal. She hates her boots, but no dog's paws should touch the subfreezing pavement. I guess we'll hunker down and wait for the chill to leave...

No comments: