Monday, December 2, 2013

I'm constantly amazed, and not in a good way

Would it be rude to wear this to school?

I forced myself to have a major attitude adjustment last night. The attitude being that I didn't want to go back to work after having a week off, really 9 days with the weekends. Nine blissful days of sleeping until the sun comes out, exercising, choosing the people I spend time with, intelligent conversation, culture, puppy time, bliss.

I knew going back to school would be hard. Kids always complain about school but most don't do a thing for the holidays and ache to return. The problem is that no human being wants to return at the god awful hour of 7:00. It's hard enough to be awake, at work and fed at the crack of dawn, but I'm actually teaching physics by the time most people are pouring their first cup of coffee. Not ideal and based on our education system, not working. I spent the day banging my head against the wall and being criticized for calling out the shit show environment that is our school.

No comments: