Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Heated

I am grateful for a house with heat, for my job that pays for my heat and for the best snuggler on the planet.

As winter hibernation begins I am all to well aware of how excruciatingly slow and yet fast the time until warmer weather makes an appearance. My obsession with calendars and my constant wishing time away becomes more pronounced when weather plays a role. Early afternoon darkness has set and yet the days are progressively getting shorter and shorter until the solstice celebration when there is a light at the end of the tunnel and the days get longer again. Are there people out there that just live through this winter nonsense without obsessing over every frigid forecast?

And yet, when June arrives, I'll wonder where the time went...

No comments: