Wednesday, September 18, 2013

LaLa Land



I love walking through my neighborhood after dark. The big Denver Squares built over 100 years ago with their huge windows facing the street. In the dark, with the house lights on you can peer into someone elses life for an instant. See them on their couch, in front of the TV, eating, watching, escaping. The seemingly secure little shelter of avoidance. The land of delusion, denial. Isn't that what we all what? Is that what we all want? I walk past each house, one by one, and I see the same image over and over. Now-a-days the TV's are giant, so giant the heads on the TV are bigger than the heads in the room. It's fun to make up stories about their lives, their families. There is a cute guy that lives on my street, down a couple blocks and all I know is he has a lot of facial hair and a big dog. I never see him inside his house, only on the front porch or walking his pooch. I like to make up stories about him. 

No comments: