Thursday, August 22, 2013

Mr. Sandman needs to knock this pup out

Im on the verge of a breakdown. The kind where you collapse onto the ground, curl up in a fetal position and start sobbing until you can no longer breathe. Why, you ask? Well, lack of sleep, and what is causing me to loose sleep? You guessed it, little mutt face, cutie, cartoon puppy. For the past two nights she has woke up every two hours. I have her in her crate, but she scratches at the door and I know I shouldn't let her out but when I do she runs straight for the front door and when I take her out she has liquid poo. She sounds sick, you say? Well, I thought so too, but during the day she doesn't have any accidents in the house and her poo is solid. Is this a little game? Stress? What? If I don't find out soon I'm going to pass out standing up. I feel like I've spent the entire summer being sleep deprived. One of the reasons I didn't want to drive cross country alone.

Last night at 3:30 am during the 4th outside venture I contemplated just unclasping her leash and freeing her into the wilds of Denver. Run free little Fresa. Obviously I was able to control my behavior, but I did think about all those sleepless moms and wondered how they don't press down tight on that pillow when that little one is crying.

Lack of sleep makes you want to eat junk, junk makes you feel like crap and feeling like crap feeds into this frenzy of exhaustion.

Oh please little pooch face #2, can we please, oh, please have a night of uninterrupted sleep?

No comments: