Monday, July 1, 2013

Sister SUP time

The sun came out for about 10 seconds on Saturday, just in time for my sister and I to go out to the Nuclear Plant lake and goof around on the stand up paddle boards. You know that I adore my sister and it was fun to be able to enjoy some more adventure with her...


The power plant uses this lake to cool their pipes. There is a lot of misconceptions about how nuclear power actually works, but at no time does the uranium or products of fission come in contact with the water or anything outside. The lake water is good - dark from organic matter, warm from being in NC, but since many people are fearful of this being near a nuclear plant the e. coli numbers are usually lower than other area lakes. 

The last time I was on a stand up paddle board was in the ocean in the DR and I puked twice. Well, lake water is usually calmer than the ocean and this day was super smooth. Easy paddling...



No comments: