Sunday, July 21, 2013

Forget you

I woke up sad, angry and with the realization that time really does heal pain... Winnie died five years ago and until yesterday I had forgot how empty I was, how devastated and lost I felt. Slowly over the past 5 years I have healed and those empty spaces were filled with memories of her and happiness that she was in my life. Well, yesterday, the emptiness struck again. Watching Roxy struggle and be killed has reopened that sad spot that time has healed. The difference, I suppose, is that I know that time will heal again, and my guess is this time it will be faster since I have the experience.

Right under my heart, between my sternum is a black pit. I am nauseous and on auto pilot.

This drama combined with the family visit has brought up some personality traits that I didn't realize were so strong. When chaos hits I retreat. I walk away, find a quiet place by myself and think.

No comments: