Tuesday, May 21, 2013

I am rich with life

I'm not even going to pretend I understand devastation. It is easy to ignore people and their struggles when all you are is bombarded by images of destruction. We are numb. Numb from photos, videos, live coverage. We have been desensitized.

In times like these, when I feel overwhelmed, like I can't help, or make much of a difference, I turn to art, poetry. You know my favorite poet is Brian Andreas, and of course he has a FB page and of course he posted in response to the devastating tornado.


I miss being surrounded by art. The art that I choose. I'm making my mental trade off list for moving back to Denver... trade the warm tropical weather for a home that is my home. There is lots more on my list of course, but for right now I'd like to spend a little less time thinking about moving and a little more time being grateful for a wonderful, rich life.

No comments: