Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Thank a teacher - right now - quick... before you get too busy

I have been a very fortunate teacher. In my 10 years of teaching I have met some amazing students and parents, and although most of you go through each day without being thanked, I get lots of thanks, and appreciation. This school, in particular, has an amazing group of parents that are vocal about their appreciation of my efforts and let me tell you that it makes a huge difference. If you know a teacher out there, from your past, or a current teacher of one of your kids, and they are kicking some major booty, please take 2 minutes out of your day to thank them for their hard work and efforts. We, teachers, love your kids like they are our own. We struggle with patience same as you, and want your kids to reach their highest potential. We make mistakes, but try to be open and honest with your kids, who, really, are our kids. Before you get to bogged down with work today, send a short note to a teacher and say - Thanks for making our world a better place.

No comments: