Thursday, February 14, 2013

Preparing for Pico

It's that time of year again... The annual hiking trip up to the highest peak on this island, and in the entire Caribbean, for that matter. On the map below you'll see the big mountain range that cuts through the island; find the central part of the range labeled Cordillera Central and right above that you'll see Pico Duarte. 


I wasn't going to be a chaperone this year, but after 6 teachers agreed and then backed out, they came to me. We're leaving at noon and driving to our starting point of La Cienega.


We'll start hiking in the morning. I plan to spend this Valentine's Day and the proceeding 3 days wearing the same clothes and avoiding showers. Happy Trails :)

I've been so connected to blogging lately, that I'm kind of sad that I'll be away for 3 days. I'll catch you up when I return...

No comments: