Sunday, December 16, 2012

THE wedding event of my life

My baby sister is getting married - in 4 days - and she's decided on a destination wedding, so the family is packing their bags and we're meeting up in Turks and Caicos. This shouldn't be so bad since I live on the island directly south of T & C, however getting a flight was an enormous pain in the ass and I have to travel 2 hours to a different city (even though I live in the capital) to get to Providenciales. It seems that the old idea of island hopping in the Caribbean is not alive and well, that if you want to explore multiple islands you do a cruise... so tomorrow I get on a bus, head to Santiago, get to the airport and leave at 4 pm only to arrive in Provo at 3:45 pm... nothing like gaining 15 minutes in life :)


I'm the maid of honor, well the wedding is super small, so it's only me and the best man representing. I think about 20 people are coming, so just family that could afford to get down to the island and stay at the resort. I am good at many things, being a maid of honor doesn't seem to be one of them. I don't really know what to do. 

Luckily my sister is an organizational genius and just in the nick of time I got this in the mail...


A handmade booklet of information and 


and itinerary for the week. 

Now all I need to do is pack and figure out how to navigate the bus system of the DR. I'm getting an I Pad for xmas, so hopefully I'll be able to do more blogging from the road. Stay tuned for wedding updates :)

No comments: