Monday, August 22, 2011

I'm not ok with this

I'm in frustration mode right now... It's new, different, yes, but there's more. I think of myself as a little naive about things, especially when it comes to safety. I walk around with my head high like I own the place. I put my shoulders back and leave my scowl on and head out, on a mission. And being covered with tattoos has created this illusion of toughness that I've been playing off of. Here's the problem... I spent today hearing stories about how only a few months ago the EXACT apartment I live in was broken in to and robbed. How on the SAME street I walk to school on a teacher was robbed. How motorcycles drive by and rip your bags off your body. How the strategy is just don't carry anything you are not willing to loose. How almost everyone has had a mugging/robbery experience. How the strategy is to just give them your stuff. Wait? What? Don't carry a backpack, purse, anything. Ok, so where do you keep your stuff? Well don't bring stuff, ok, so what? Seriously. Yes, people are living like this. Like, oh, I may or may not get robbed today. If I get robbed I'm going to be PISSED. I appreciate the honesty, don't get me wrong, but how bad is it here?

I got home today and headed straight to run in the park without my ipod. Ok, so I'll get used to running without noise. I need some digestion time. I'm self medicating with music right now. You can make fun, but I've got Dave Matthews blaring as much as my computer speakers can blare. It's not like I'm going to be buying any serious electronics just so they can get stolen.

No comments: