Saturday, June 19, 2010

Day 15: Dear Quito... you are going to have to do something about the sun

Still no internet in my house and well after a long day of 6 hours in class the last thing I want to do is sit in an internet cafe... well, today is Saturday and I´m supposed to be enjoying the big Parque Metropolitino, however Quito didn´t get the memo and is keeping the sun hidden behind all these rain clouds! The more time I spend here the more I am reminded of how much I hate being cold. I guess it wouldn´t be soooo bad if the houses had heat, but they don´t. Right now it´s in the 50´s and raining. Bleck.When December rolls around make sure that I have booked a trip to somewhere warm!

I do have some photos to show you, but you´ll have to wait til the internet starts working again.

I´m off to find something to do. I´ve been to two of the three big malls and just wandered around in the dry, warm comfort of a mall! Two teachers I work with are coming to Quito next week, so I hope to take them to the Ecuator and Mitad del Mundo.

Ciao for now...

No comments: