Monday, July 8, 2013

Fresita Sacapuntas

I overestimated my fellow gringos. I didn't realize how hard it would be to pronounce "Fresa". You know how long it took me to figure out a name for her... she was pooch face #2 for almost a week and then when a friend suggested Fresa I loved it. Living in a Spanish speaking country for 4 years jaded my expectations of my monolingual friends. So far she has been call Freesha, not sure why people add the "h". Sometimes it's Fresca - like the soda. I guess people don't know about the "e" being pronounced like an "a", so I should have just written her name "Fray-sa". Actually most people are just calling her Sacapuntas, which seems like it would be harder to say, but apparently it's not. My dad has decided to rename her and just call her Juanita. Actually in true Latino fashion he's come up with "Juanita Jose Maria Enchilada Gomez". At least Fresa knows her name and only responds to Fresa, if pronounced correctly.

Fresa is at the vet getting spayed right now. Did you know that they actually remove the entire reproductive system? The ovaries, uterus and fallopian tubes? Poor little bunny foo foo is going to be all sad and tired :(

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So many things to laugh at in that post. Since I was born in a Spanish-speaking country and was called Kelita for the first two years of my life, I'm going to call her Fresita as your title shows"when I finally get to meet her. And since she is as big as a penny, all her little internal female parts could fit in a thimble! Oh. And your dad is a hoot. (the acronym doesn't quite fly there unless we want to J-MEG it....