Sunday, March 4, 2012

solitary and melancholy

I haven't cried in a very long time and today I had this overwhelming feeling of sadness that felt like it might become tears, real tears, but I put on my running shoes and sweat it out. I know there isn't any shame in a good cry now and then, but I couldn't pin point the sadness and it seemed counterproductive to sit here and cry about it.

Then I came across a business card that I got in October and it has this quote on the back:

"The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it." - Michelangelo

Interesting because just this past week my dad forwarded a quote to me from this quote of the day thing he gets:

"If people only knew how hard I work to gain my mastery, it wouldn't seem so wonderful at all."
- Michelangelo

Two quotes that resonate with me, both from Michelangelo, pop out in one week?


No comments: