Thursday, February 23, 2012

Heaven is a place called Playa Fronton

Looking for heaven? Look no further, it's right here on earth, which is exactly where it should be, and we should realize that and totally appreciate it.

You need directions? Well, you can probably find a heaven right where you are, but if you'd like to go to the one I just visited you'll have to get your way to the DR and drive out to the tip of the Samana peninsula and get on a boat to Playa Fronton.


Not convinced? Let me show you this...


Don't like aerial views? How about this...


or this...


You don't believe I was actually there, huh?


Well, this is the view from my tent. Yup, I was sitting inside my tent, organizing my stuff (I forgot how much I enjoy setting up a tent), when I looked up.


Did you know that on the Chaco website you can upload photos of all the places your Chacos have been? I bought these beauties in 1996 and they've stepped on a lot of heavenly places...


A little coral reef snorkeling in the gorgeous waters...


Enjoying the reef from outside the water...

I actually was there with a group of students from my environmental science class. We were learning from a group called Reef Check. The reefs are in trouble. We collected some data, had class in the sand, snorkeled, rock climbed, hiked, watched the sunrise and star gazed. It was truly a spectacular three days.


No comments: