Saturday, July 16, 2016

Connections

Left Andorra bright and early. I don't think I would have ever ventured into that amazing little country if it hadn't been for Earthwatch. I am thankful for the authenticity of our expedition, the kindness of the scientists, the amazing hotel, and getting to spend so much time in the mountains. 



Now, on to other adventures. 

After a 3 hour bus ride from Andorra to Barcelona (where I met up with a former student, who is more like a sister than a student), we jumped on a short 1 hour flight to Madrid, then jumped into a taxi to catch a 5 hour bus ride to Oviedo. The in between travel days can be quite challenging for a person that can't sit still.

The bus is quite comfy and as we drive past farmland I am reminded of how connected we, as humans are, and yet we spend every moment trying to be disconnected and to find differences. It is my hope that more humans will realize their place in the ecosystem and live accordingly. 

Tomorrow we plan to begin our 300 km walk on el Camino primitivo from Oviedo to Santiago. 


No comments: