Sunday, February 19, 2012

Jurassic Journey - Dominican Style

The botanic gardens in Santo Domingo is hosting "Bosque Jurasico" for the month of February and since the Jurassic Period IS my favorite geologic time period I figured I'd lower my expectations and go. My coworker has a 15 month old son so I decided to tag along with them. 

After a $9 entrance fee we entered the mouth of a dinosaur and into the "exhibit".


Through flapping black tarps and across the hay covered ground we enter the robotic dino display.


With Jurassic Park music blaring in the background, people ignoring the roped off areas and snorting dino noises we wound our way through the room.


Luckily the 10 min walk wasn't the end of our journey, the dinos are outside too!


Beyond life size models have taken over the gardens.

Wait, what's that in the botanic forest?


Thankfully I was with a toddler. His excitement made the journey worth it.

No comments: