Friday, August 28, 2009

random updates

Headed out of town for the weekend. This will be my first trip outside of Santa Cruz. I have been here for 5 weeks and with school and getting "settled" haven't been able to plan a trip. So, this weekend a group of the newbee's have booked taxis to drive us a few hours west into the foothills of the Andes to a little town called Samaipata. Supposed to be a sleepy town outside of a famous archaeological site, El Fuerte. Look it up on google earth. You will see the "rock" of El Fuerte. Supposed to be the largest man carved rock in South America. As I search what to do in Bolivia it becomes more and more intersting. There are a lot of really awesome things to see here.

Still dealing with the effects of the swine flu epidemic. School has been canceled all week, but to get around the "law" we have had afternoon classes twice this week. The kids came in yesterday and you would have thought we'd been out for two months. It was like it was their first day of school again. What? What do I have to do? Huh?
Ummm, I've known you for a month now... let's get it together.

Oh on another note, I'm now hooked on the HBO show, OZ. A colleague here talked about it and when we were buying pirated DVD's this weekend I found the first season. All three discs for 50bs, or $7. This show fills my obsession with being incarcerated. Not sure why I am fascinated with being "locked" up, but I am and this show is awesome. I wouldn't surive 10 minutes in a prison. I would mouth off and be murdered the first day.

Ok, back to pretending to work. This week has been great to get caught up but I'm done and ready for school to resume as normal. The rumor is that we'll be back to "normal" on Monday. Just in time for the Saliva Lab.

No comments: