Thursday, August 20, 2009

Aaa--cchhooo

Sitting in my totally quiet classroom because all the students have been sent home by direct order of the government. Apparently in a city of 2 million there have been 600 confirmed cases (are you kidding me that is 0.03% of the freaking population) so the government felt like they should close the schools. Hummm, let's see. So now the kids aren't in school, so where shall they go. OH I know, the mall. Oh and what about the thousands of other people at the malls all coughing and touching each other. Really school is probably the best place for them to be.

The reason I'm so uptight about it and not jumping for joy over free days, is that number 1: I still have to come to work and number 2: if we miss to much we have to eat into our xmas break to make up the time. You may think, oh well number 1 isn't that bad because you would have to be at work anyway, but do you see what I'm doing now? I'm supposed to be preparing lessons to put online and I'm blogging. Normally I would be teaching and talking to the kids and doing labs. The whole reason I love my job.

Last year my coworkers and I would joke about entering the country and "checking your common sense at the door"

No comments: