Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Departure = two weeks


It's time to start making plans to visit me in Yangon... I am an hour flight from Bangkok so we can meet there or you can come straight into Myanmar. You will need a Visa to enter Myanmar and I got mine with no problems at all from the Embassy in DC. Here is a climate chart so you can plan your trip :) I would like you to take special note of the humidity readings at the bottom of the chart. WTF. I also like (just for extra special effect) that they created the scales of the graph so that the July and August monsoon rains were "off the chart".

If you are up for it, I really want to go to Australia and New Zealand while I'm in that neck of the woods. We could meet there as well. I do get 3 weeks off for Winter Holiday and as you can tell from the climate chart, that is a great time to visit SE Asia.

Another option is a summer trip somewhere away from the monsoon rains.

I booked my flight with Vayama. Yes, the flight is super expensive, however once you get there it will be very cheap.

Now remember I'll be in Myanmar for 2 years (at which point I can decide to stay an extra year at a time or move on). It's time for your travel dreams to come true :)

No comments: