Wednesday, August 23, 2017

ADHD Time

A common misconception about people with ADHD is that because we're hyper, we need a lot of stimulation. I've suffered from ADHD and the corresponding anxiety for as long as I can remember, and as an adult, it has gotten worse, but I've figured out ways to have a positive impact. With my ADHD, my brain is already running a mile a minute, and more stimulation is exactly what I don't need. I think this is why I like gardening so much. Why I like hiking, being outside with my pups, going for long walks. Most of the time I walk without any music. I just walk. I've never really thought about this, but then I came across this blogpost:
https://yourot.com/parenting-club/2017/8/23/green-time-treatment-for-adhd-symptoms

As a teacher I meet kids with ADHD all the time, and I notice that they are on 4 different volleyball teams (yes, I can think of two students off the top of my head in which this is true for).

I know anyone can make a kid, but not everyone can be a parent. If you are not willing to put in the effort, please stop reproducing.

No comments: