Monday, June 10, 2013

Mosquito Madness


When you think of a mosquito attack this image seems appropriate. Out in the deep woods, trapesing around with shorts on, of course you are going to go mad with mosquitos, but I am being attacked in my own home! The teacher apartments only have screens on the bedroom windows, so in an effort to get a nice cross breeze I've created mosquito madness. It is the start of the rainy season, so the humidity is around 99% and the monsoon rains come and go all day. This creates the perfect pools of breeding grounds and I am going mad. I ran out of bug spray on my Costa Rica trip, and I've been avoiding buying new stuff because who wants to sit inside their apartment covered in bug spray. Today I resorted to wearing pajama pants, but I underestimated their thirst for blood and now my ankles and feet have become tonights meal. It is 85 degrees so there is only so many clothes I can put on...

Things I am not going to miss:
mosquitos
daily water restrictions
trash everywhere
carbon monoxide/diesel fuel poisoning
being smooched at like I'm a dog
car alarms
being car-less


Things I am going to miss:
walking to school
free rent
my awesome students
palm trees on the beach
small class sizes

I'm in the T-minus 5 days countdown.

No comments: