Tuesday, July 29, 2008

So you don't have any new money?


This pic shows how much Myanmar currency is exchanged for $100 US dollars... Their money is called "kyat" pronounced "chat". I'm going to be a billionaire with kyats.

Who would have thought it would be so difficult to find crisp, new 100 dollar bills... I've physically been to 4 banks, called 2 more and my sister called 2 more and FINALLY she found a bank in Raleigh that has crisp new bills. Are you kidding me? My bank tried to give me a bill with smudge marks. I know it sounds crazy but we were emailed twice to tell us that we would need new bills for the exchange in Myanmar. Thank god, there is a bank in Raleigh that is holding some for us when we drive up on Thursday. One more thing to check off my list...

1 comment:

NaRiHo said...

I can't believe departure time is almost here! May God Bless you and keep you safe - and I am so proud of you and happy for you.. wish it was me :>)
Keep in touch when every you can - Love, Nancy & Rick