Thursday, June 12, 2008

Greenfield Lake is so cool...


Cyprus trees at Greenfield Lake


I've spent a lot of time at this lake over the years that I lived in Wilmington and although I've always seen this sign I've never run into an alligator... until...


TODAY! eek! I was crossing one of the bridges and paying attention to the hundreds of turtles, when I looked down and here he was... Just chillin'


Running down the path I looked ahead and was like ??? Yes a slider turtle just hanging out in the middle of the trail.


Here's another view from the bridge. All those spots are turtles...

Greenfield Lake is one of the coolest places in Wilmington! There is a 4 mile loop around the lake for running/walking/biking. I love this place! This morning I drove over to the lake and in between running and walking took these pics.

1 comment:

NaRiHo said...

Cool pictures - we went there :) It is nice. I especially like the last one with all the turtles, that's a cool picture.