Saturday, December 7, 2019

Presently Processing the Journey

The offer was accepted, and although that sounds like a flat statement, I'm desperately trying to control my excitement as the process proceeds. Nothing is certain until those keys are transferred.

You know the sayings:
It's not the destination but the journey.
It's not the product but the process.
Live in the present.

Well, when I am in the yard, with the chickens, planting seeds, cleaning up, wandering my space, I feel the process, the journey, the present. Gardening, tending to chickens, yard work, those are my paintings, my creative outlet.

I love teaching, but I am exhausted by competing against the distractions that have infiltrated our lives. Begging, pleading, dancing, entertaining my students to be even remotely interested in what we are doing is soul crushing. I've had great success in getting students excited to learn, and I know there is a place in my future for education, but it is not in the public realm. If you knew the political bullshit and restrictions that we have to navigate, and then show up and love your kids, you'd be more supportive of those teachers that you depend on.

My passion for learning, discovery, creativity is moving forward.

No comments: