Thursday, June 20, 2013

The perfect camp


My parents' yard is a paradise. A paradise of peace, fresh air, and tranquility. While I was living in Santo Domingo I would often close my eyes and dream of this little piece of heaven and now that I am here, sitting with this exact view, typing on my computer, this piece of heaven is exactly, perfectly how I imagined. 

Then I added Fresa to the mix. Apartment living for that month and a half was really difficult. The confined space, no access to the outside was depressing enough for me, never mind Fresa. The camp is perfect for dogs, but I didn't know what to expect with the new pup. Well, take a look...

She is loving every minute and this is the EXACT thing I needed.

The past two years have felt like a war battle. I know that sounds a little dramatic, but it's true. I was burning the candle at both ends those last few days of school and then the transition home caused more sleepless nights. Now I'm starting to adjust and settle in to the perfect warm breeze. Enjoying the rich fragrance of the Gardenias and the quiet. You don't realize the toll that constant car alarms, loud booty music, and buzzing of electrical wires make on your sanity. 

I am grateful to have this time at home this summer.

No comments: