Saturday, March 2, 2013

Do you like pina coladas?

Ok, seriously, how am I supposed to meet that guy that wants to travel, exercise, have good conversation and take the dogs to the park? I started to get mad at my sister and new brother in law for not setting me up with anyone, but then I remembered that I haven't lived in the States for 5 years, so that is a bit unfair. What about my other friends? I suppose they'd have the same excuse. Who knows where I'll be or what I'll be doing. Well, kids, I am feeling a pull to North Carolina, even though my weather app warns me otherwise. I can see myself in a little house near my sister, taking my dog to the park to run and actually dating. Dating like a guy that has similar interests and can carry on a conversation about something other than sports or TV.

Well, today, after a long day out and about in Santo Domingo I came home and when I opened my computer made the decision to just "look" at a dating website. I've never actually been on one and honestly I'm a bit terrified at the idea of meeting a guy based on a photo and a few paragraphs that he wrote about himself. Have you done this? I don't really have anyone here to talk to about this, all they hire is married people at my school. So now I'm on this website and before you know it I've answered a few questions and uploaded a photo. Shit.

I suppose the reason that this works for many people is because this is just like that positive intentions stuff. Put yourself out there, see yourself with that match and go for it. Of course the first "match" that came up was a guy with a hunting vest on... I seriously doubt we could have 86% compatibility, but hey, what do I know? 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am super impressed you're trying this! Why not?! I can't wait to hear the stories good and not so good!