Wednesday, February 8, 2012

40th birthday - part 1

One of the teachers organized a surprise happy hour for a few of the February birthdays... I love surprises I really do, but not surprises that I am not expecting. This place is more like a family than any other international school I've worked at, but it feels more like a distant family. There are a lot of us, and maybe because of that I don't feel as connected to the group as I did to my smaller groups in the past. Living this lifestyle is an adjustment for sure, remember I just met all of the people a few months ago, so I don't really KNOW any of them, but we are a family, by default.


Ignore Tim, he was just crashing our photo, but the four girls all have birthdays within a week of each other - yeah.


I may have spent a lot of time complaining about turning 40, but it sure was nice to have a chocolatey desert to celebrate with. Can you tell I was taking my wish quite seriously. It's gonna come true, I just know it.

In a few hours I'll be 40. Well, actually, a wise friend pointed out that since we're born at 0, I have actually just finished my 40th year on earth, so I've been 40 all this time...


No comments: