Monday, July 6, 2009

Apparently I'm in to older men...

I needed a hat that covered my ears since they were scorched by the high altitude Wyoming sun. Not much shopping choice in the National Park so my dad and I decided to check the General Store in the Old Faithful area. We walk in and my dad goes straight to the lady at the counter to ask if they have hats. She points to an area with baseball hats and cowboy hats. After looking I tell her that I am just looking for a basic hat with more coverage than a baseball hat, but not a cowboy hat. There was one style that would work, but they only had XL out, so she offered to go check and see if they had some in the back. Before she leaves to check she mentions that it would be nice if I could have a similar hat as my "husband's". Huh? Does she think my dad is my husband?

She returns with a stack of hats, but only one small (come to find out I have a small head, like my mother... no comments needed). I decide to buy one and as we are leaving she gives my dad a high five.

Yes, I could be married to a man 20 years older than me. Can you imagine what she was thinking. My old man daddy with a younger tattooed lady. Ha.


No comments: