Saturday, June 28, 2008

To Hell and Back: Horsefly attack, Egret feeding, finding the trail and still looking for the elusive Venus Fly Trap


In red you will find the approximated trail hiked by my father and I. Of course our intentions were to stay on the trail, however as you will see right after Lily Pond we somehow managed to get off course.


Dad was trying to get a picture of a red wasp that doesn't fly. Today the horseflies were EVERYWHERE and biting the crap out of me. I tell you if we used horseflies in interrogation we'd have no problems getting people to talk.


Dee, dee, just walking through the woods and bam, you're on a dune.


We scared the egret a bit and it flew further out and proceeded to catch 8 fish in front of our eyes. Cool! It was hard to hold the camera still in the wind...


Just a bunch of washed up crab things. Poor J. Smith lost all these...


What's a walk in the wood without acting like Tarzan. It's the testosterone that won't let men pass up the chance to swing from a tree.


Today we decided to head to Carolina Beach State Park and do a little hiking. I've only been there once before, years ago with Winnie. I don't remember the horseflies, but I don't think I'll soon forget the attack today, aahhh get off of me. The egret was amazingly cool, as was watching the crabs run from us. We were unable to actually locate any Venus Fly Traps, maybe it's all a myth like bigfoot...

1 comment:

NaRiHo said...

You and your Dad will have these memories to cherish forever - I'm so glad you had this time to be home with your family :)