Friday, May 9, 2008

Tick Tick


Three weeks and counting... I am really trying to enjoy each day and not wish the days away, but as you know the time before a trip is spent thinking about the trip instead of the day you are currently in. I had dinner with a teacher here that is going to teach in Yangon with me in the fall. It was nice to see her and talk about our fears and excitement.

So like I told you... in the past, before a move I would pull away from my friends, cause drama and conflict and use the avoidance strategy. Well, now the tables have turned because even though I'm the one moving a friend is doing that to me. Remember my post that I will NOT feel other peoples stuff, well that is where I'm trying to be. I can only control my own emotions, so instead of trying to figure out anyone else, I've been focusing on how I feel and trying to stay positive. I am really lucky to have a friend here that cares for me no matter what, even if I am moving to a politically hellish country. My parents have been incredibly supportive, which is wonderful. I am looking forward to spending the summer at home with Jane and Larry :)

Now enjoying the moment translates into "get packin'!" I'm actually energized by the thought of all my material possessions fitting into my mazda...

No comments: