Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Keep um coming

Overnight I received more emails from my school. It seems that internet access is up again in Yangon (at least for the school). The board members are meeting today to see if they need to end school early or not. The fuel shortages are still an issue. Most of the main roads in the city have been cleared. I suppose that most of the images we are seeing are of areas outside the city in the lower lying delta areas. The Inya Lake Hotel (my future home) received considerable damage to the grounds (trees down etc...) but the building itself is intact and expected to be ship shape by the time we arrive. The school staff has been amazing about keeping us informed and anticipating questions. It is a relief to know that these caring people will become my family.

P.S. I know people in Burma don't live like you do, or would if given the chance, however if you are interested in helping here are some links:

World Vision

Save the Children

1 comment:

NaRiHo said...

I thought the big problem was not letting aid in? That is what all the news is saying?